Sunday, January 11, 2009

a wierd and funny thing I saw on a friend's facebook....

OK, so in once again screwing around like a junior high kid on my beloved facebook I came across the following on an acquaintance's news feed and thought it was kind of fun...or at least a better way to waste time than watching another episode of CSI. So here goes...

The rules are that you write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 25 people to tag and send it to them. You have to tag the person that tagged you.

These are all true, but I admit I did not take this all too seriously. Most are quite silly. They are listed in no particular order.

1. I love to go to fun parties now just as much as when I was 16. While the activities at said parties may be quite different than they were back then, I just enjoy the idea of talking to lots of different people, drinking good wine and eating good food and especially dancing like a fool to fun music.

2. I love my cat - Monkey Morus - so much that it may be a mental disorder. I never wanted a cat until I had her and now it is hard for me to leave her - even for a weekend! I will miss her the most while I am in Serbia b/c she cannot Skype or email and even though she has her own catbook page on facebook, she will not really be able to update it.

3. I used to have a lovely aquarium. It was pretty and soothing and entertaining. I miss it.

4. Throughout my life I have wanted to marry the following famous people at different points in time...Roger Taylor (drummer for Duran Duran), Bill Clinton, Jim McMahon (QB for Chicago Bears way back in the day), Steve Martin, Clint Eastwood, Brad Pitt, Said (the character from LOST), Anderson Cooper, and now Stephen Colbert

5. I am terrified of propane, or really any explosive gas, as a result of an unfortunate incident with the grill in junior high. I will never light the grill or even a pilot light if I can avoid it.

6. If I could consume just 3 things other than water for the rest of my life they would include Basil Hayden, pepperoni pizza and mushroom soup.

7. I really want to go to Australia. It has been a long time dream for me. A close friend of mine from England finds this obsession baffling as she says that for English people, Austrailia is like Florida (lovely, sunny, but a little cheezy). But this matters not to me. I have a dream of touring Austrailia and would love to do so by bike. I'd also like to go see India, Russia, Thailand and to tour South America (esp. Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezula & Brazil).

8. I hate washing my hair. (But I do it...of course!)

9. I am terrified of bugs...except the "pretty ones" like butterflies and ladybugs. I am so terrified of bugs that it is like a pathology! I feel such a traumatizing fear that is directly proportionate to the size and color [the blacker the bug the more terrifying, and this is doubly so when the bug is shiney]. When living in Georgia I had quite a terrible time contending with the bugs. It is the only thing I hate about warm weather and one of the best things about having a cat - she will hunt and kill them.

10. I love people who are not afraid to make fun of themselves. It is so charming when someone does not take themselves too seriously. I also like when people make fun of me, and of others, but only when they do so in ways that are more like gentle teazing than outright nastiness - I hate seeing people mocked for weakness or things they cannot help - this makes me angry!

11. I think of myself as a generally pretty open person, but if I have one prejudice it is THE SHY! I hate shy people. I feel like it is so imposing and time consuming to constantly have to attend to the shy. I also feel like they are silently judging me. I try to avoid the shy at all costs.

12. I like to watch movies to help me fall asleep at night. If I am somewhere where I can't do that, I will use my ipod and listen to podcasts.

13. I hate driving. I prefer to walk, ride my bike or take the train whenever possible.

14. My favorite cartoons as a kid were The Smurfs, the Flintstones and the Superfriends.

15. I loved playing with Barbies when I was a kid. My favorite xmas gift was the Barbie house my parents built for my sister and I, and my mom used to make our barbies clothes. They also built us a cottage for the barbies and bought us Tonka trucks for them to ride in instead of the dream car. We did have some Barbie brand stuff though including the Barbie Bubbling Spa and Barbie Loves McDonald's.

16. I don't eat fast food very often, but when I do, I prefer Wendy's!

17. I have a hidden collection of Star Trek memorabilia.

18. I don't think of myself as an "early adopter" of new ideas or new technologies, but I am proud to say that I hated "W" before it was cool and I always thought the war was a bad idea.

19. I hate snow and cold weather. I wish I lived in Southern California. But if I could live in any other country it would be The Netherlands. I love the bike culture and the general attitude as well as the multi-party social-democracy which makes so much sense to me.

20. I don't believe it is a sign of weakness to change one's mind in the face of new information.

21. I like stupid teen movies and pop music.

22. I hate mayonnaise because of a traumatic incident in the 3rd grade when a nun forced me to eat a sandwich she found in the trash that she thought was mine. It was not mine. The sandwich was bologna with mayonnaise. To this day I gag when I get a glob of mayonnaise. I also hate drippy eggs, asparagus and anything with cream sauce. [That same nun made us wear our sweaters over our uniforms even when it was 90 degrees. She said it was a little of our purgatory on earth. I trust she is serving her purgatory now.]

23. I have had tons of aweseome friends throughout my life - all over the world - but my closest friend growing up and the person who I still love above all others to this day is my cousin Amy. She has been my best friend since I was 11 mo. old and will be my best friend until we die (which according to the History Channel will be December of 2012...the predicted date of the next cataclysmic global event...but we will see...)

24. I sing pop songs really loud in the car when no one is with me. My current faves are Miley Cyrus "see you again," and Britney Spears "womanizer"

25. I am clumsy, unbalanced and generally uncoordinated. I am fairly certain that anyone who knows me even a little bit can tell at least one story that involves me falling off of something or falling down some where.

2 comments:

  1. 11. made me laugh out loud.

    Gonna miss you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Hilarious! I'm loving reading your blog, btw...
    xo,
    Christine H.

    ReplyDelete